Uttar Pradesh chief secretary Durga Shankar Mishra on Friday mentioned beneath the Agnipath scheme, the state will hold six rallies for recruitment into the military between July 20, 2023 and January 16, 2024. The recruitment rallies shall be organised in Fatehgarh, Baraut, Lucknow, Agra, Amethi and Gorakhpur. Mishra mentioned it at a gathering he convened for discussing preparations for the rallies.
He mentioned all preparations for the rallies within the respective districts should be accomplished in time. The chief secretary requested the officers to make preparations in a fashion that the candidates face no issues.
He mentioned simply across the time of the rallies, Kanwar Yatra too will go on, so even the regulation and order and visitors preparations too ought to be consolidated. He mentioned the primary recruitment rally may also coincide with the monsoon season so suction pumps for such spots these had been on the way in which or close to the rally venue ought to be organized to deal with seemingly waterlogging.
“Make preparations for shelter, meals, refreshments, water, sanitation, bathrooms and electrical energy on the rally venues and prepare transport division buses for the aspirants,” Mishra directed the officers involved. The chief secretary additionally requested that respective district administration should put the district and different authorities hospitals of their respective areas on alert for any exigencies or want.
Below the Agnipath scheme, folks between the ages of 17.5 and 21 years shall be recruited into the navy service of their selection for 4 years. After this tenure, 25% of the Agniveers shall be retained and the remaining 75% shall be permitted to return to civilian life.